Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Te Alabaré

From my office here at the school, I can hear many of the classrooms and what they are working on. This is a blessing (and some days a curse :) ).
Today I was listening to our preschool classroom and I kept hearing the same phrase "te alabare". Its a short part of a popular worship song here. Translated it means "I will worship you". Our classes sing frequently, but I kept hearing this phrase in the same sweet little voice, so I decided to investigate. Turns out it was coming from one of our newer students. She is autistic and when she started here in the fall she said very few words, and she said even fewer words without being asked to do so.
Hearing her sing today made me say "te alabare". God is at work here. It is small moments like this one that help me to know what I am doing here is making a difference.
"I will worship You"